Hidden Veggie Packed Pizzas
Family pizza night will be so fun and delicious with these simple whole wheat and veggie packed pizzas--but the kids won't even know! Everyone can have fun making this simple, yeast free pizza dough and adding the toppings they love.
For the Dough:
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ c all purpose flour
- 2 ½ tsp olive oil
- ¾ - 1 c water (room temperature)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¾ - 1 c Prego®+ Hidden with Super Veggies
- 1 ½ c shredded mozzarella
- other favorite pizza toppings: pepperoni, green pepper, mushrooms, and more
Preheat oven to 400°F. In a medium bowl, combine the flours, sea salt, baking powder and sugar. Whisk to combine. In a small bowl or cup, whisk together 3/4 cup of the water and olive oil to combine.
Slowly add the water and olive oil mixture into the flour mixture and stir or use your hands to combine. Add in the extra water a tablespoon at a time until all of the flour is moistened and pulled into the dough. This mixture shouldn't be sticky but should pull together.
With your hands, start to bring the dough together. If it feels too dry you can still add a touch of water. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured dusted surface and knead the dough 10 - 15 times. Divide the dough into 4 equal balls and roll the balls out with a rolling pin to about 1/4 inch thickness or desired thickness.
Place the dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet and use a fork to poke holes into the dough. Bake the dough without any toppings for 6 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven and spread the sauce on top of each pizza. Top with cheese and then additional toppings as desired. Bake the pizzas for another 10-12 minutes or until golden brown edges. Cool for several minutes before digging in!
- Add some herbs on top of the cheese if desired. I can do that for mine, but the little guy turns his nose up to anything not cheese so I skip it for him.
- You can omit the whole wheat flour and just use white flour if you don't have any.
- If you need to add more water, do it about a tablespoon at a time versus dumping 1/4 cup. If you do add too much water, add a touch of flour to balance it out.
Calories: 453kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 1408mg | Potassium: 546mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 748IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 243mg | Iron: 5mg