Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
Only about 5 minutes of prep and less than ten minutes in the air fryer, these simple, crispy, cinnamon sugary Air Fryer French Toast Sticks are easily made with whole grain bread, Texas Toast and more. Freezer friendly for a perfect weekday morning breakfast!
- 4-5 slices whole grain bread (really any bread works!)
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ c whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 T sugar
Slice the bread into thirds or fourths depending on how wide your bread is. Aim for 1 ½ - 2 inch slices.
In a small bowl, combine the eggs, milk, and vanilla. Whisk very well to combine and set aside. In another small bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar and stir to mix.
Take each slice of bread and dip into the egg mixture and coat on both sides. Let any excess egg mixture drip off and place on a plate or a piece of parchment paper. Sprinkle each side of the bread with cinnamon and sugar generously and place in an air fryer basket that has been sprayed with oil. Line them so they are not touching and work in batches if needed.
Preheat Air Fryer to 350°F and then cook each batch for 4 minutes or until the upper side becomes lightly browned on the edges. Flip and heat for another 2-4 minutes until desired crispiness is achieved.
Allow to cool for several minutes and then enjoy with syrup, powdered sugar or any other desired ingredients.
- I read that using stale bread can really make amazing French Toast. I have tried this and it makes the French Toast less likely to come out soggy. So bonus if your bread is about to go, it should make the best sticks!
- You can freeze these Air Fryer French Toast Sticks so that they are ready when you need them. Pop them in the microwave for about a minute on a microwaveable dish. For best results, lay the sticks evenly on a pan and place in a freezer. Once they are frozen, transfer to a freezer safe bag.
- Air fryers are not all one in the same. Mine cooks and heats up very quickly. I find that even other recipes I have made in it cook several minutes quicker. When you flip them, if they are not crispy at all on the side facing up, you may want to wait another minute or so before flipping. Just keep an eye on your air fryer and all will be well!
Calories: 203kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 112mg | Sodium: 203mg | Potassium: 169mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 202IU | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 1mg