3 Cheese Crispy Air Fryer Zucchini
Crunchy, cheesy goodness in these simple 3 Cheese Air Fryer Zucchini. No one can turn down an air fired veggie, right? These whip up in about 20 minutes and are a great appetizer or side dish to pair with dinner. Even the kids will enjoy these crispy goodies!
Servings: 4 6-8 piece servings
- 1 med/large zucchini
- 1 c panko
- ¾ c 3 cheese blend (romano, parmesan, mozzarella)*
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cracked pepper
- ¼ - ½ tsp sea salt, more or less to taste
Combine the cheese, panko, salt, garlic and pepper in a bowl. Mix and set aside. Slice zucchini about into ¼ inch thick round pieces and set aside as well. Whisk an egg in a shallow bowl and set up an assembly line to coat each of your zucchini pieces: egg, cheese and panko mixture, and air fryer basket.
Dip a zucchini slice into the bowl with the egg to fully coat and allow any excess egg to drip off. Place the zucchini into the cheese and panko mixture and cover generously on both sides, scooping a little extra on top so as to really get it all on there. Lay the coated zucchini slices in the air fryer basket that has been sprayed with oil. You can work in batches as needed. Make sure the zucchini slices do not touch for easier flipping.
Preheat air fryer to 350°F. Place the basket in the air fryer and cook for about 4 minutes (or until the cheese and panko are golden brown on the top of the zucchini) and then flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Keep a close eye for the first batch to make sure you don't burn them--I checked in at 3 minutes and then gave them another minute.
Enjoy immediately as is, or these are DELICIOUS dipped in marinara sauce!
*You can often find 3 cheese combos ready to go at the grocery. If so, just toss ¾ cup in and you are set! OR you can just combine ¼ cup of each!
- Reiterating what I mentioned before: keep an eye on your zucchini until you feel like you know your air fryer. Mine cooks things SO FAST. It also preheats in seconds. Once you do the first round, you will have a better feel for how quickly yours will cook.
- I am pretty sure yellow squash would be amazing as well if you have some as well!
- You don't want to go too thin on the zucchini slices. This will make for some flimsy zucchini. Aim for about ¼ inch or as close as you can!
- You can certainly opt for grated cheese for more of an even coating of your zucchini. I like the use of shredded cheese in this air fryer zucchini.
Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 414mg | Potassium: 175mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 244IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 257mg | Iron: 1mg