Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp with Honey Siracha Sauce
These Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp are crispy and golden with all the sweet tropical coconut flavor. Paired with a simple Honey Siracha Sauce and ready from start to finish in under 20 minutes--a perfect dish you will love!
For the Shrimp:
- 1 lb shrimp, XL or Jumbo, shelled and deveined
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ c flour
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 c shredded coconut, sweetened ( add 1-2 tsp of sugar to flour if you only have unsweetened coconut)
For the Honey Siracha Sauce
- ¼ c honey
- 1 T Siracha
- Juice of ½ a lime
Spray your air fryer basket with spray oil and set aside.
Grab three bowls. In one, whisk together flour, salt, pepper, garlic and cayenne. In another add the eggs and whisk well. In the last, add the coconut. Line them up in the following order: flour mixture, eggs, coconut.
Take each shrimp and dip it into the flour and coat evenly. Dunk it into the egg and fully coat. Last, place it in the coconut and gently push the coconut onto the shrimp to help it stay on. Place the shrimp in the air fryer basket so they are not touching each other. Work in batches if necessary.
Cook in the air fryer at 350°F for 4 minutes and flip. Cook another 3-4 minutes or until a crispy golden brown.
Whisk together the sauce ingredients before serving and enjoy!
- Not all air fryers are the same I am learning. Mine heats up REALLY FAST and I burned the first couple tries at this Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp based on reading times for other fried shrimp recipes. The best advice I can give is to keep an eye on it. You can even flip after 3 minutes if yours is like mine!
- If you want a bit more crunch to your shrimp, toss in about 1/4 cup bread crumbs or panko into the coconut. This will add that breaded crispiness.
- If you are a coconut lover, you can pulse the coconut a few times in the food processor to break it down a little more. This should allow more to stick on the egg coating for extra coconut goodness!
- I have read that internal temperature of shrimp needs to be at least 120°F.
Calories: 372kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 368mg | Sodium: 1349mg | Potassium: 233mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 171IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 184mg | Iron: 4mg