Mediterranean Steak Bites Recipe with Simple Yogurt Sauce
A simple stove top steak dinner that whips up in no time! This Mediterranean Steak Bites recipe is juicy and delicious, and perfectly balanced with a tangy yogurt sauce.
Servings: 4 (approximately 3-4)
For Steak Bites:
- 1.5 lb steak, cut into bite sized pieces approx. 1 1/2 in. cubes
- 2-3 T olive oil
- 1/2 T fresh thyme, finely chopped (3/4 tsp for dried thyme)
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped (1/2 tsp dried)
- 1 tsp oregano (dried)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked pepper
- 1/3 c feta cheese
- 1 c grape tomatoes, halved
For the Yogurt Sauce:
- 1/2 c plain Greek Yogurt
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 T chopped dill (or 1-2 tsp dried)
- salt, to taste
For the Steak Bites:
In a medium bowl or a large ziplok bag, combine olive oil, garlic, oregano, thyme, rosemary, lemon juice, salt and pepper and shake or whisk to combine well. Add in raw steak bites and allow to coat each piece. Marinate for at least 30 minutes if possible and can be marinated several hours and up to overnight.
Heat a cast iron or nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add steak and any extra olive oil from mixture into the skillet. Allow steak to cook 2-3 minutes per side, flipping once, trying to touch or flip minimally. If you like a steak that's more done, you can leave the steak on for an extra minute or so. Remove skillet from oven and toss halved tomatoes in allowing to heat slightly. Sprinkle with feta before serving.
- Marinate for as long as you can for even more flavor. If you can only marinate for 10 minutes for so, they will still be delicious, but with any meat recipe, the more time flavor can soak in, the better.
- Do not overcook your steak bites. These cook pretty quickly so you will want to stay near the stove at all times. They will cook a bit more after you remove the skillet from the stove so pull them off just before you think they are ready.
- As I mentioned, there are so many ways to serve these steak bites. My favorite is over rice and with a dollop of yogurt sauce.
Calories: 370kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 116mg | Sodium: 539mg | Potassium: 705mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 405IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 155mg | Iron: 3mg