Beef Pot Pie
Simple, delicious and packed with veggies, beef and creamy potato soup. Cozy comfort food for dinner that hits the spot every time!
- 1 15 oz. pie crust package (2, 9" pie crusts
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cans Cream of Potato Condensed Soup (10.5 oz.)
- 1 12 oz. package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ - 1 tsp cracked pepper
- sea salt to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp water
- olive oil
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Heat a skillet to medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil and allow to heat up until glistening. Add ground beef and cook until browned, stirring occasionally.
If vegetables are not thawed, do so at this time, defrosting in the microwave.
Once beef is cooked, drain excess oil. Stir in a medium bowl along with soups, veggies, thyme, garlic, pepper and desired amount of salt.
Press one pie crust into the bottom of a pie pan. Pour beef and vegetable mixture into crust and spread evenly. Top with second pie crust. Crimp and press the edges together to seal the pie. (see video above in post for visual.)
Whisk the egg and water together and brush the top of the pie crust lightly. Make several slits in the top of the crust to vent.
Bake for about 30-40 minutes or until pie crust is golden brown.
Cool for several minutes before serving.
- I am no expert in pie crusts, so any time I work with one, I swear I feel like I am a deer in head lights. Even when I think I am crimping the two layers together, I still never seem to pinch them tight enough. Thanks to youtube, I no longer have to have a pie come out looking like the top and bottom layer are not connected. Check this video out!
- The first time I made this, I did add a bit of milk to the recipe to thin out the condensed soup. I found it to be too thin in the end and did away with it. It will seem very thick before you put it in the oven, but the soup does thin out a bit when cooking.
- The egg wash is not 100% necessary so if you need to avoid eggs, know that you can skip it.
- Pie edges will cook quicker than the rest of the pie. You can cover the edges with foil if you like the crust edges to be lighter. I like mine extra brown so this does not bother me!
Calories: 434kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 821mg | Potassium: 490mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 3189IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 3mg