One Bowl Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
These One Bowl Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies are so easy and done start to finish in about 30 minutes. This recipe makes the best chewy and soft chocolate chip cookies that are loaded with rich chocolate chips and with little clean up! Win!
Servings: 8 large cookies
- ½ c plus 1 T flour
- ¼ c butter, softened
- ¼ c brown sugar, packed
- ¼ c sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ c chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a medium bowl, using a hand or standing mixer, beat butter and sugars to cream. Once creamy, add in egg and vanilla and beat to incorporate.
Shift mixture to the side and add flour, salt, and baking soda. Gently mix the dry ingredients together. Using a spoon or you mixer, stir the dry ingredients into wet to fully incorporate, scraping down the sides of the bowl if needed. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Use a cookie scoop to spoon dough onto parchment lined or silicone lined baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until edges become slightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely (or not, because in reality you will try to eat one and scald your tongue like I did.)
Store in an airtight container.
*** You can freeze this dough in pre-scooped cookies and bake them straight from the freezer. Bake for about 12-14 minutes if your cookies are frozen.
- Don't Over bake these cookies!Unless that is your preference. But if you want gooey and chewy cookies, do not overtake them. When you see the edges start to brown a bit, you should be all set.
- No chilling is required for these Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies, but you can chill for a bit if you need to cook them at a later time. Just allow them to return to room temperature before baking.
- This makes about 8 cookies. Mine were about 3 inches or so in diameter.
- All the chips! I went with ⅔ cup chocolate chips but honestly, you do you--add more if you would like.I used larger dark chocolate morsels because I like the way dark chocolate tends to photograph. The morsels were larger than your average sized chip. Switch up the flavor chips, chop of some chocolate as well or use chunks. The world is your chocolate chip cookie!
Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 176mg | Potassium: 18mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 243IU | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg