Butter Herb Instant Pot Salmon
Rich and buttery, this flaky Butter Herb Instant Pot Salmon can be made with fresh or frozen salmon. Simple and delicious--just what dinner should always be!
- 1 ½ lb salmon, fresh or frozen (can be cut into filets)
- ¾ c water
- 3 T butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon oregano (dried)
- 1 ½ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (or ½ teaspoon dried thyme)
- ½ T fresh dill (chopped, or ½ teaspoon dried dill)
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- lemon for serving (optional)
Pour water into pressure cooker and place steam rack in pot. Spray rack with cooking oil.
Place salmon on top of rack. Season with salt, pepper, garlic, and herbs. Cut the butter into ¼ in. pieces and spread on top of salmon.
Close Instant Pot and lock, set vent to sealing. Set to pressure cook on manual at 5-6 minutes for frozen or 3-4 minutes for fresh.
When cooking cycle is done, do a quick release on your instant pot to release remaining pressure. Remove salmon and serve as desired with a squeeze of lemon! Refrigerate any leftovers.
- Fresh or frozen-- either one can be used for this recipe!
- I prefer my salmon cooked through although I know that there are those who prefer a more medium cooked salmon. If you like yours more done, opt for 6 minutes in the Instant Pot if frozen. This should cook it through.
- I have only tried this with real butter. I haven't tried with any butter alternatives or margarine. The flavor will certainly not be the same if you opt for something else, but if that is necessary, work with what you have!
Calories: 320kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 116mg | Sodium: 299mg | Potassium: 833mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 334IU | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg