Chocolate Banana Smoothie with Cayenne
A Chocolate Banana Smoothie is a no brainer, but add a kick of heat and spice with cayenne pepper and your smoothie is gonna be on fire! Rich and creamy chocolate deliciousness with a bit of spicy!
- large frozen banana (broken into chunks)
- 1 c milk of choice
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 2-3 tsp maple syrup or honey
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- pinch of sea salt
- Add the cayenne slowly--you don't want to overdo it!
- I typically use either unsweetened vanilla almond milk or whole milk. Both are delicious and it typically depends on what I have around or what is closest in reach (truth....).
- You can make it into a smoothie bowl by using less milk. Try about ⅔ c milk instead of the full cup! Top it with granola, fruit, coconut, chocolate chips and more!
Calories: 285kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 116mg | Potassium: 905mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 35g | Vitamin A: 524IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 311mg | Iron: 2mg