Flourless Nutella Mug Cake
Cake in a minute? This easy chocolate Nutella Mug Cake recipe is the perfect single serving chocolate cake. Rich and fudgy and all without flour! You can have dessert in under 5 minutes!
- 2½ T Nutella or favorite chocolate hazelnut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 - 2 teaspoon sugar or sweetener
- 1 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of sea salt
Whisk ingredients together in a small bowl.
Pour into a microwave safe mug.
Microwave for about 60-75 seconds. It will expand pretty high so look out!!! I find 90 seconds dries it out too much.
Let cool for several minutes and then eat it straight from the mug if you like! And extra dollop of nutella on top is always amazing as well.
- All microwaves are different so the you may need to cook yours a touch longer or not as long. I keep a pretty good eye on mine and you can tell when it's about ready because the cake will rise and it will not look wet any longer.
- Use a mug with sides that go straight up. You want the Nutella mug cake to expand up and cook evenly.
- Start cook time at one minute. If a toothpick doesn't come up clean, you can add another 30 seconds.
- Sweeten to your own taste. Since Nutella and most chocolate hazelnut spreads are already sweetened, you won't actually need too much but a little still is really nice to round out this rich treat in my opinion. IT will cut some of the bitterness from the cocoa powder for sure.
Calories: 346kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 164mg | Sodium: 83mg | Potassium: 328mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 239IU | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 3mg