Orange Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
Dinner is so simple with this Baked Orange Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner! Toss all the ingredients on the pan, spread on the marinade and bake! Serve over some minute rice and you are all set for dinner!
- 1 ½ - 2 lb chicken tenderloins
- ⅓ c honey
- zest of one orange
- 2 T freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed pepper
- 1 inch grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 large broccoli heads
- 3 T olive oil (separated)
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a small bowl, whisk together honey, orange juice, orange zest, 1 T olive oil, ginger, garlic cloves, red pepper and sea salt (about ¼ teaspoon or to taste) and pepper. Place chicken in a medium bowl. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder as desired (I like garlic, can you tell??) Pour marinade over top and toss to evenly coat.
Cut stems from broccoli and break into florets. Toss 2 tablespoons olive oil, dash of sea salt ½ teaspoon garlic powder and cracked pepper together so that broccoli is coated. This should double as oiling the sheet pan as well. Spread the broccoli out to the edges of the pan. Add the chicken to the center of the pan and pour remaining marinade over top. ** Short on time? Line the chicken straight onto the pan and pour the marinade right on top before popping in the oven.
Place in oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F internal temperature. When you pull out the pan, some extra liquid may be on it. Blot it with a paper towel or pour it gently off the side.
Serve with rice or as desired! I like to add an extra drizzle of honey and a garnish of red pepper when serving.
- If you are planning ahead, you can mix the orange marinade together and toss it with the chicken in a ziplock bag and allow it to really marinate until you are ready to cook. That definitely kicks up the juicy flavor but is not necessary. These meals are supposed to be simple, so keep it that way!
- Sunday meal prepper?? Make this and dish it out into your Tupperware so you are set for the week!
- Add more red pepper or kick up the heat with a bit of siracha or hot sauce. The last time I made it I went all in on the spice and got a high rating from the hubby for that one.
Calories: 468kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 127mg | Sodium: 285mg | Potassium: 1269mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 1069IU | Vitamin C: 149mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 2mg