Kahlua Cream Cheese Brownies
These Kahlua Cream Cheese Brownies are not your average brownies, but they are also super simple to whip up. Chocolate, cream cheese and coffee goodness in these beautiful cheesecake swirled brownies!
- 1 brownie mix package I use Betty Crocker
- ½ c oil vegetable or canola
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ c Kahlua
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
For Cream Cheese Layer
- 1 8oz. block of cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ c sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Mix brownie batter package ingredients, eggs, oil, Kahlua and espresso powder. Pour into a well greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer or standing mixer, mix cream cheese, and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add in the egg and vanilla and beat to incorporate.
Spoon dollops of the cream cheese mixture into the brownie batter and using a toothpick or a knife, swirl it into the brownie mix.
Place in oven and bake according to package directions. Remove from oven and cool completely before serving. For best results, chill for about 4 hours to set before cutting.
- If you are worried about switching things up from the package, you can simply follow the brownie box instructions and sub the Kahlua in for the amount of water called for. You should be just fine!
- I prefer these Kahlua Cheesecake Brownies chilled for several hours so they can really set. If you like your brownies warm, that is fine and you can slightly cool them before eating. Just know the cream cheese layer may not be as set.
- You can prep these brownies a day in advance. If you plan to serve them the following day, store them in the refrigerator in an air tight container until ready to serve.
- For the cleanest cut brownies, chill them for about 4 hours or overnight. This will make them much easier to cut through and they shouldn't crumble or fall apart.
Calories: 234kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 121mg | Potassium: 27mg | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 188IU | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg