Honey Lime Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Winner, winner, simple chicken dinner! These simple Honey Lime Baked Chicken Fajitas are simple to make and full of flavor and spice. This sheet pan dinner is served in under 30 minutes! A touch of honey, lime and smoked paprika combine for an out of this world flavor!
- 1.5 lb chicken breast
- 2 bell peppers, any color
- 1 onion
- 3 T olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 T honey
- ½-1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- ½ tsp pepper
- Sea salt, to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, honey, lime juice and spices.
Cut chicken into thin strips. Slice onion and peppers into thin strips as well. Place chicken into bowl that contains whisked marinade. Stir to coat well and evenly.
Add peppers and onions and continue to mix so that they are coated as well. Spread evenly over sheet pan. (If meal prepping or marinading, place in fridge until ready to cook.)
Bake for about 15 minutes or until chicken is 165°F internal temperature. In the last several minutes, place tortillas wrapped in foil in the oven to heat as well. Remove from oven and absorb any excess liquid on the pan with a paper towel.
Serve with your favorite fajita toppings and enjoy!
- These sheet pan chicken fajitas are GREAT to make ahead and then pop in the oven when you are ready to make dinner. Slice up the chicken and veggies and then toss everything into a plastic bag with spices, lime juice and oil and let it sit all day for even better flavor and more juiciness!
- The great thing about this kind of recipe is that it is far from a one size fits all kind of dinner. Serve it over rice, in fajitas, over a salad, etc. Switch up the fixin's that you toss on top every time for a bit of newness each and every time you make it. The kids are sure to be happy with the ability to make something fun every time--the adults too!
- Leftovers are always a win for these as well. If you have any, that is! But they can be used the next day in other recipes as well!
Calories: 333kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 218mg | Potassium: 802mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 691IU | Vitamin C: 52mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 2mg