Golden Oreo Truffles
Oreo lovers will love this fun recipe with their favorite cookie! These Golden Oreo Truffles are a simple, no bake dessert made with just a handful of ingredients and perfect for any occasion--heck, even no occasion!
- 1 14.3 oz. package Golden Oreos
- 1 8 oz. block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 - 16 oz. white melting chocolate
In a food processor, add oreos and process until fine crumbs.
Transfer to a bowl and add cream cheese (broken up into small pieces) and vanilla. I am going to say use a spoon to combine well but what I really mean is use your hands, hands work best here. Just make sure they are washed.
Roll into small, bite sized balls. (pop a few while you are at it, these are soooo good!) For best results, freeze for about 10-15 minutes.
Melt white chocolate using either double boiler method or microwave in 25 second increments, stirring each time. Roll each truffle in chocolate to coat evenly and place on parchment paper. Sprinkle with desired color of sprinkles.
Repeat with remaining balls and allow to cool and dry before eating--or don't, I certainly couldn't wait! Store in the fridge for up to one week.
- While I suggest the golden Oreos, any sandwich cookie similar to an Oreo should do the trick. I know that Oreos have a lot of flavors out there these days so feel free to play around!
- These can easily be made for any holiday: Valentine’s Day? Red and pink sprinkles for the win! Easter gathering? Pastel sprinkles. Change the color of the sprinkles to literally make these work for any special occasion!
- I love to use the double boiler method when melting chocolate but a microwave can be great as well. Definitely go with your favorite method.
- While the recipe says to stir in the cream cheese, I have used the food processor to mix it in with very little issue. You just have to really break up the cream cheese into pieces and make sure it’S somewhat soft.
Calories: 196kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 106mg | Potassium: 70mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 131IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg