Pumpkin Chip Banana Bread
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 large egg room temp is best
- 2/3 c pumpkin
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 5 T butter melted and then cooled
- 1/3 c brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 ⅓ c chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a medium bowl, mash bananas well. Add in egg and whisk together. Mix in butter, vanilla, pumpkin and brown sugar until smooth.
In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and stir.
Fold in 1 c chocolate chips.
Pour batter into a well greased bread pan and top with remaining chocolate chips.
Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool before serving.
- I used chocolate chunks but chips will work just fine. My grocery has these amazing dark chocolate chunks and I love them, but so not necessary if you can't find any.
- Please make sure you have fresh baking powder and baking soda. If these aren't fresh or past expiration, that can impact the success of your pumpkin bread.
- More chocolate chips are ALWAYS ok.
Calories: 238kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 268mg | Potassium: 273mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 735IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 1mg