Pumpkin Pie Crumble
Think crumble/crisp meets pumpkin pie in this simple, warm buttery Pumpkin Pie Crumble. Thick pumpkin layer topped with a buttery oat topping. Change up your favorite fall recipe for this version!
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time55 mins
Preheat oven to 375°
Combine all pie filling ingredients and stir well. Grease an 8x8 baking pan. (9x9 will work as well, the pumpkin layer will be thinner though.)
Pour filling into pan and place in oven to bake.
While filling is baking, combine and stir topping ingredients together but start with only half of the butter. Slowly add in more until a moist, but still crumbly texture. You may not need all the butter.
After about 20 minutes, the filling should set a bit and be able to hold up the crumble topping. Evenly cover the filling with the topping. (NOTE: You really want this to stay on top of the filling as much as possible. In order to do so, it helps to use fingers to lightly crumble and distribute it all rather than spooning all of it in one big dump. )
Bake for another 25-35 minutes or until the topping is a golden brown. Test the pumpkin filling with a toothpick as well. If it comes out clean, then it’s ready!
Let cool slightly before serving. Store in the refrigerator.
- *The pumpkin layer is not super sweet. If a sweeter dessert is what you desire, add an extra ⅓ cup brown sugar and up to ½ cup if wanted.
- prefer to use an 8x8 inch pan when making this pumpkin crumble. I like the pumpkin layer to be nice and thick. I have made it in a 9x9 inch pan as well and that still works--the layers a bit more even. If doubling the recipe, a 9x13 inch baking dish will work.
- I like a thick crumble layer, but you don't have to use it all. The crumble layer ingredient measurements are made to accommodate an 8 inch or 9 inch pan. If using an 8 inch pan, it may be more than enough for your liking. If so, no need to use it all!
- For easier cutting, chill overnight to allow the pumpkin to set. Use a very sharp knife and wipe it in between slices. The crumble part will press the pumpkin down a bit when slicing so it can end up a bit messier--still tastes amazing!
- If you prefer pumpkin pie spice, you can opt for that versus the varying spices I used in the recipe.
- If you are looking to make this gluten free, use a 1:1 all purpose gluten free flour and gluten free quick oats.
Calories: 334kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 149mg | Potassium: 307mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 8909IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 159mg | Iron: 2mg