Pumpkin Pie Crumble
Think crumble/crisp meets pumpkin pie in this simple, warm buttery Pumpkin Pie Crumble. Thick pumpkin layer topped with a buttery oat topping. Change up your favorite fall recipe for this version!
- 2 cups pumpkin puree 1 15 oz. can or container
- ½ c. brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 can evaporated milk (12 oz.)
- Dash of sea salt
- ¾ c flour
- ¾ c quick oats
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ c chopped pecans (optional)
- Dash of sea salt
Preheat oven to 375°
Combine all pie filling ingredients and stir well. Grease an 8x8 baking pan. (9x9 will work as well, the pumpkin layer will be thinner though.)
Pour filling into pan and place in oven to bake.
While filling is baking, combine and stir topping ingredients together but start with only half of the butter. Slowly add in more until a moist, but still crumbly texture. You may not need all the butter.
After about 20 minutes, the filling should set a bit and be able to hold up the crumble topping. Evenly cover the filling with the topping. (NOTE: You really want this to stay on top of the filling as much as possible. In order to do so, it helps to use fingers to lightly crumble and distribute it all rather than spooning all of it in one big dump. )
Bake for another 25-35 minutes or until the topping is a golden brown. Test the pumpkin filling with a toothpick as well. If it comes out clean, then it’s ready!
Let cool for about an hour before serving. Store in the refrigerator.
- I typically use an 8x8 inch pan when making this pumpkin crumble. I prefer the pumpkin layer to be nice and thick. I have made it in a 9x9 inch pan as well and that still works--the layers a bit more even.
- You really need a solid 20-25 minutes before you add the crumble topping or it will sink to the bottom of the pan. Consider yourself warned!
- If you are looking to make this gluten free, use a 1:1 all purpose gluten free flour and gluten free oats. That should have you covered!
Calories: 334kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 149mg | Potassium: 307mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 8909IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 159mg | Iron: 2mg