White Chocolate Almond Banana Bread
This is not your average banana bread, and you will be so happy it isn't! Rich white chocolate chips and almonds compliment the bananas in this moist bread--why didn't this happen sooner?! White Chocolate Banana Bread is going to be your new favorite!
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 large egg (room temp is best)
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 5 T butter, melted and then cooled
- 1/3 c brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c white chocolate chips
- 1 c sliced almonds
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a medium bowl, mash bananas well. Add in egg and whisk together. Mix in butter, vanilla and brown sugar until smooth.
In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and baking powder. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and stir.
Fold in 2/3 c chocolate chips and 2/3 c of the almonds.
Pour batter into a well greased or parchment lined bread pan and top with remaining chocolate chips and almonds.
Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, gently covered with foil until a toothpick comes out clean. You can fold the foil in half to make it tent like if you are worried about the top sticking to it.
- Baking with foil gently laying on top of the pan will keep the white chocolate chips from becoming burnt. I like to fold the foil in half gently and lay it over somewhat like a tent so that the chips don't get stuck to the foil.
- Make sure your bread pan is greased well. Some of the white chocolate chips will melt into the bottom layer of the bread and you don't want them to get stuck to the pan.
Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 154mg | Potassium: 231mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 189IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1mg