Homemade Lemon Ice Cream Recipe
No ice cream maker? No problem! No churn ice cream is so easy to make and this no churn lemon basil ice cream is a combo you will be so amazed by--the lemon and basil really compliment each other in this creamy treat!
- 2 c heavy whipping cream
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 T lemon zest (approx. 2 lemons)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
In medium bowl, whisk together condensed milk lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla and salt if desired. Slowly fold in the whipped cream into the condensed milk and very gently allow the two to combine.
In a separate medium bowl, beat cream until it makes stiff peaks when you remove the mixer. This will take about 3-5 minutes.
Gently fold the whipped cream into the lemon and condensed milk mixture. Transfer to a freezer safe container and freeze for about 4-6 hours.
Before serving, allow ice cream to sit out for about 5 or so minutes before spooning out, especially if it's been in the freezer for much longer than 6 hours. Enjoy!
The original recipe had basil in it as well. I shifted it to just lemon but wanted to include the option if you wanna spice things up a bit. Prior to starting the recipe, you will want to do the following:
- Pop this into a graham cracker crust instead of a container and you have yourself a simple ice cream pie! Add some whipped cream on top and you are all set.
- If opting to add lemon extract, start out small and then add to taste. You don't want to overdo the flavor.
- This ice cream pairs so well with angel food cake, blueberry pie, or it makes great ice cream sandwiches with these lemon sugar cookies!
- Over medium heat, combine basil leaves, zest of one lemon and cream in a small sauce pan. Stir several times and allow to heat for about 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and cover. Chill in refrigerator until cold again and toss the basil. (About 2 hours) Then follow the recipe as stated above in step 1.
Calories: 367kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 86mg | Potassium: 229mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 1007IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 182mg | Iron: 1mg