Rotisserie Chicken Salad with Strawberries and Poppy Seeds
This Crunchy Strawberry Poppy Seed Pecan Chicken Salad is a great way to celebrate berry season and beyond! Crisp celery, pecans and poppy seeds give this simple chicken salad a fun twist on the traditional chicken salad recipe.
- 2 c shredded chicken
- 2 celery stalks, chopped into 1/4 in. pieces
- 1 green onion, chopped thin
- 5-6 large strawberries, diced
- ⅓ c chopped pecans
- ¼ c mayonnaise
- 2 T Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 T poppy seeds
- ½ tsp pepper
- salt to taste
Cut and chop ingredients accordingly.
In a medium bowl, combine chicken, pecans, celery and onion. Stir to evenly mix.
Add mayo, yogurt, mustard, poppy seeds, lemon juice and salt and pepper and mix well to evenly coat.
Fold in strawberries.
For best results, allow to chill for about 30 minutes before serving.
- You don't have to use rotisserie chicken, any chicken will do. Just use 2 cups shredded chicken and you are just fine!
- If you don't plan on serving this until the next day or quite a bit of time after you make it, hold off on tossing the strawberries in until about 10-15 minutes before serving.
- If you have nut allergies, feel free to use sunflower seeds or another seed you enjoy for some more crunch.
- Sliced almonds are also amazing if you don't have any pecans around!
Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 175mg | Potassium: 304mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 119IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 1mg