Perfect Bar Recipe
Save some cash and opt for your own homemade Perfect Bars! This Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Copycat Perfect Bar Recipe is everyone's favorite snack to fuel up on! Dairy free, vegan and gluten free and a delicious snack everyone will love!
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time40 mins
- ¾ c almond flour
- ¾ c oat flour
- ½ c peanut butter
- ⅓ c vanilla protein powder
- ¼ c milk of choice
- ⅓ - ½ c maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ c chocolate chips
- ¼ tsp Dash of sea salt
In a medium bowl, stir together almond flour, oat flour and sea salt. Add in peanut butter, maple and vanilla extract and stir well to combine. (feel free to use freshly washed hands for this part, it works very well!)
Add in half of the milk and knead or stir to incorporate. If the mixture seems too dry, add the rest of the milk. Fold in chocolate chips.
Press mixture VERY FIRMLY into a parchment lined pan or dish (about 6x8--pyrex has one that size. If you don't have one, use an 8x8 pan but don't press all the way to one end.)
Freeze for about 30 minutes to set.
Remove from freezer and cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator.
- When I say press, I mean PRESS these babies into the pan. If you want a really sturdy, dense bar, then you gotta put all your weight into it, sit on it, whatever you have to do, bring the power. The bars will be too flimsy if you don't so when you think you have pressed hard enough, keep going.
- Several readers who have made this Perfect Bar recipe, have said they prefer mini chocolate chips instead of full size, just as they use in real Perfect Bars.
- If you like the sweetness of Perfect Bars, add a bit more maple.
- Make sure the protein powder you use is one you would be okay drinking as a shake without holding your nose. Just sayin--consider yourself warned.
Calories: 244kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 77mg | Potassium: 176mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 16IU | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 1mg