Chocolate Chunk Avocado Brownies
These simple fudgy Avocado Brownies will take what you ever knew about brownies and blow your mind. You won't believe there's avocado in them! Gluten free and full of big chocolate chunks for a delicious treat!
- 2 ripe avocados (medium size)
- ¼ c butter, melted
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ c brown sugar
- ½ c cocoa powder plus 1 Tablespoon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¾ c chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 - 2 tsp espresso powder (optional)
- 1 tsp baking powder
Preheat oven to 350° F.
In a food processor, process avocados, eggs, vanilla, butter, maple, and brown sugar. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
Add the almond flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and sea salt and process until smooth. If you are adding espresso powder, add it now as well. Add in the chocolate chunks and pulse several times to break down slightly and disperse.
Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and spray it lightly with oil.Pour mixture into pan and spread evenly. Add extra chocolate chips if desired.
Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until you can put a toothpick in the middle with no residue.
Let cool completely or eat while still warm! Store in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
- I love my avocado brownies, or any brownies for that matter, nice and fudgy. Making sure you do not over bake the brownies is key to fudgy brownies.
- I store these in the fridge and then typically warm them up slightly before serving, but I also think they are really good chilled! Enjoy them any way you like!
- The brownies come out a much darker brown from the oven than the batter looks originally, so don't worry if that is the case for you!
Calories: 229kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 137mg | Potassium: 255mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 232IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1mg