Simple Ground Turkey Pepper Skillet
This Simple Ground Turkey Skillet Dinner recipe makes dinner a breeze! Only one pan needed and ready in under 30 minutes, packed with vegetables and lots of flavor. It will be a hit for the entire family!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3-4 T tomato paste
- 1/2 c tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cracked pepper
- 1 T olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- shredded cheese for topping (optional)
Over medium high heat, heat olive oil. Add onions and peppers and heat 2-3 minutes until softened. Add garlic and allow to heat for another minute.
Push veggies to the side of the pan ( allow that side of the pan to be off the burner) and add ground turkey and brown turkey until cooked through, mixing the veggies back in with the turkey.
Once turkey is cooked through, turn the heat to low and add in tomato sauce, tomato paste, worcestershire sauce, oregano, red pepper and salt and pepper. Stir well and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.
Serve over rice and garnish with shredded cheese and fresh parsley if desired!
- Nutrition information not including rice and cheese.
- Use whatever color bell peppers you have. I don't always have a green and yellow pepper so I use what I have. And I have never had a problem one bit.
- You don't have to use turkey. Your favorite ground beef or even ground chicken should also work great in this ground turkey skillet as well.
- Use a big skillet--10-12 inch is great. In the video I used an 8 inch skillet and I kept having ingredients fly out of the pan. Just made it a tad annoying.
Calories: 305kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 380mg | Potassium: 744mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 551IU | Vitamin C: 86mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 2mg