Crunchy, delicious and nut free, this simple Nut Free Blueberry Granola is a great addition to your breakfast or snack. Full of hearty oats and seeds, along with dried blueberries–perfect on top of yogurt or by the handful!
If I had to decide on my favorite granola, I am not sure that I could. I promise I love them all. I believe firmly that yogurt is nothing without berries and granola–ok, a bit much, but it’s the way I prefer it every time.
I have quite a few nut free readers and I know that a majority of my recipes contain peanut butter. While substitutions can be made, sometimes it’s nice to be able to make a recipe in full, as is. So I went with a nut free granola, which is actually sometimes a challenge to find–especially at a good price.
Anthony has been doing a lot of rock climbing these days and he is always looking for snacks to bring when he and his buddies head out. Granola has become one of his favorite options and so when I make it, the jar is typically gone quickly, but that doesn’t bother me! This blueberry granola recipe is quickly becoming a favorite of his.
I am all about clusters in my Blueberry Granola
The key to clusters can be due to two things: 1. Using a combination of rolled and quick oats. Rolled oats don’t bind together very easily. If you add in some quick oats, the granola is more likely to clump together. 2. An egg white. This can increase the crunch factor as well. If you stir one in, it can help bind the oats and ingredients together. So if you are looking for clusters, one of these will do the trick for sure.
Also, while you are here, I just want to take a moment to thank each and every one of you for all of the love and support as we have embarked on this journey of adoption. The ups and downs of the past 5 years have been so much, but here we are. And I have received countless messages of support and love from readers.
I have also connected with others going through their own struggles and now I feel like I have even more of team than ever. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU. Last week was really tough (I will get into that more on my next post later in the week) and having your kind words and prayers helps more than you will ever know. xoxo
- You can never ever go wrong with yogurt and granola. And I mean NEVER!
- I love to top smoothie bowls with a bit of granola as well.
- Do you ever add some granola over pancakes to give them a bit of crunch? Top some of this Blueberry Granola over these Zucchini Bread Pancakes and let me tell you, you will be one happy camper!
- Stuffed Breakfast Sweet Potatoes Anyone? Another perfect recipe for granola!
If you love this Nut Free Blueberry Granola, check out these other granola flavors as well!
Nut Free Blueberry Muffin GranolaPrint Pin Rate
- 3 c rolled oats for clusters, use 2 c rolled and 1 c quick oats
- 1/3 c pure maple syrup
- 1/4 c hemp seeds
- 1/2 c pepitas raw pumpkin seeds
- 3 T coconut oil
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1/3 c dried blueberries
- 1/2 T vanilla extract
- 1/2 T cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300 °F.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except for blueberries.
- Stir to combine and coat evenly.
- Spread mixture on a parchment lined baking sheet evenly.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes, stirring the mixture once halfway through.
- Add blueberries in the last 5 minutes of baking.
- Remove from oven when golden brown and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.