Nothing says summer like lemonade and these No Bake Lemonade Cookie Bites are the perfect way to kick off this summer holiday!
I will save you the trouble of wondering how long it will take to bake these cookies outside on a hot summer’s day. I decided to take photos outside of these lemon beauties and the sweltering heat had these babies losing their shape in no time. No bake? Ha, not if the summer day is hot enough! By the time I was halfway shooting, the bites looked more like lemon drops but at least the flavor was still on point!
Since I already shared a Red, White and Blue recipe earlier this summer for Flag Day, I wanted to switch things up a bit as we head into the week of the Fourth of July with something that says Americana and baking apple pie is not my thing so lemonade is what I went with! And again, since baking is not my thing, a no bake treat is always the way to go.
AGES ago, I made these Coconut Cashew Chip Cookie Bites and then put together this lemonade version not long after. However, the lemonade version didn’t seem 100% just right to me every time I made them so recently I decided to go back to the drawing board and see how I could get these to be the very best.
The biggest issue with these was that they always seemed to come out a bit too soggy I guess is the word, but I feel like a few tweaks have solved the issue, so I hope these work out well for you in the end as they did for me! I omitted the lemon juice and went with all lemon zest as one of the tweaks which I think was the best bet in the end. The lemon juice was just a touch too much. The key is also in the freezing of the dough. Rolling it all out is a dream after being chilled well.
If hanging out on the boat, taking a dip at the pool or heading to the neighborhood fireworks this 4th of July is on your agenda, these will pack really well in the cooler. The taste of one of America’s most classic drinks all in one refreshing bite.
If no bake is your thing and you want a fun holiday treat this week for the Fourth, also check out this No Bake Fruit Pizza recipe–I could literally eat the crust layer on its own which has a similar base as these cookie bites! And check out my 10 Best Simple Summer Salads for some other ideas to bring to this week’s BBQ.
Have a wonderful and safe holiday!
- 1 1/2 c raw cashews
- zest of one lemon
- 1 - 1 1/2 T pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 medjool dates pitted
- 1 - 2 T quick oats regular or gluten free
- Dash of sea salt
- Shredded coconut optional for coating
- In a food processor, process cashews until a fine grain like consistency.
- Add dates and and process until broken down and well combined with cashews.
- Add in lemon zest, maple, vanilla, and salt. Process until fully combined.
- Slowly add in oats and process until combined. Add in one tablespoon at a time until mixture thickens and becomes dough like.
- Freeze for about 15-30 minutes.
- Roll into bite sized bowls and roll in shredded coconut if desired.
- Enjoy right away or store in the fridge until later!