We have all seen cake pops I assume, and recently I decided to try these with a new little twist. The result? A healthy, simple no bake brownie pop! And let me tell you, they are amazing! These No Bake Brownie Pops are so versatile and you can easily create endless flavors with some fun add ins. I think this would be a great addition to any Halloween party this weekend for sure.
The great part about these compared to your typical cake pop is that they are naturally sweetened with dates. Also, they are gluten free as the base for these is pecans. If nuts are a no go in your house, you can use oats instead, and follow this recipe for the base. Any of my no bake brownie recipes will work perfectly for these pops so make them pumpkin spiced, mocha or add some mint. Feeling like coconut? Add some! Almond? Add some almond extract. Or maybe add both for an Almond Joy brownie pop!
I actually used cardboard party straws for my pops to add a little bit of color and I felt they held up very well. I would highly suggest doing the same thing and cutting them down just a bit more than half.
As for the chocolate coating, it is certainly optional, but why would you want to skip the best part?!
So while the trick or treaters are out and about this Halloween, make up a batch of these and maybe, just maybe, the kids will forget all about their piles and piles of candy! Ok, who am I kidding, that is probably not going to happen, but at least you will have another healthy sweet option around the house for everyone! They certainly won’t last long at all if your house is anything like mine.
For Mocha brownie bites follow this recipe!
For Pumpkin Spiced brownie bites, follow this recipe!
No Bake Brownie Pops
For Brownie Bites
- 2 1/2 cups raw pecans
- 9-11 medjool dates pitted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/3-1/2 dark chocolate chips
- Dash of sea salt
- 12-15 sturdy cardboard straws or cake pop sticks
For Chocolate Coating
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 T unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash of sea salt
- In a food processor, process pecans until very fine.
- Add in all other ingredients and process until a dough begins to form.
- Roll into balls and press one stick or straw into each making sure to form the brownie firmly around it.
- Freeze the brownies for about 20 minutes.
- You have two options for the coating. If you are using the chocolate chips and almond milk, use the double boiler method as described in this recipe:http://goo.gl/7gIk9i.
- If using the second options, whisk all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Remove the bites from the freezer and roll each in the chocolate to coat. Place on parchment paper to set.
- Allow to chill for at least 25-30 minutes before serving.
Add 1/4 tsp peppermint extract for mint pops
Add 1/2 cup coconut and 1/2 tsp almond extract for Almond Joy bites
Add 1 tsp cinnamon, a dash of nutmeg and a dash of cayenne pepper for Mexican Hot Chocolate Pops