Everyone needs a little apple pie in their life, right? I know I sure do! As you know, I love Larabars. I also love that it is so simple to make copycat versions of them so I gave the Apple Pie flavor a go this week. These are even better than the store bought version in my opinion and so much cheaper!
For the original recipe, I just used a fresh apple. I think these would be even better with baked apples so next time I am going to bake half of an apple cut in slices with cinnamon and use that in the recipe. I know that will take these to the next level.
It’s so hard in this day and age to find a good energy bar without a list of 20 some ingredients. I love Larabars because they typically include about 5-7 ingredients at most. All the ingredients are also foods I know and have in my kitchen typically. So all you have to do really is check out the label and then play around with the measurements before you come up with the same thing at home but even better because homemade always takes the cake…or should I say pie?
These No Bake Apple Pie Energy Bars are the perfect grab and go snack for that mid-afternoon slump that may be a hard time to make good food choices. No sweetener other than the dates and the apple so you can feel good about each and every bite! Don’t worry about slaving away in the kitchen for hours, this apple pie is ready for you in no time! Enjoy!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw walnuts or raw pecans
- 1/2 medium apple cut into bite sized chunks (I used Gala)
- 1/2-1 T cinnamon depending on your taste
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 medjool dates pitted
- Dash of sea salt
- Combine nuts in food processor and process until fine and grainy.
- Add all other ingredients and process until a dough forms.
- Press firmly into a parchment lined pan. It really doesn't matter what size pan, I just press into a corner and make sure they are about 3/4 inch thick.
- Chill for about 30 minutes.
- Cut and serve.
- Store in the fridge for about a week.