This week, time has been one of those things I just can’t seem to find enough of. If I could just have a couple more hours each day then things would be so much better. We can all dream, right?
Since time is a luxury this week, I wanted to drop a quick and easy recipe for cookies that are so much more than I ever dreamed! These cookies have no flour and no eggs! It’s crazy but true. These Flourless Cashew Coconut Chip Cookies have only a handful of ingredients and to be honest, the cookie dough is perfectly fine for eating as well. I got far less cookies the first time around because I enjoyed plenty of dough myself.
So what gives? I really have no idea. I have seen a few recipes out there with a nut butter as its base and they got really great reviews. My first attempt at these cookies didn’t go so well. I had processed the coconut with the dough instead of stirring it in and this made the dough oily. Also, I added a bit too much maple. Another miss.
The recipe now got the seal of approval from some of my friends at work. The key for these is not to over process them and to allow them to chill a bit before cooking. And like I said, the dough is amazing so feel free to skip the baking and eat the dough!
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 T 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 T dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor, combine vanilla, cashew butter, maple and sea salt and process until mixture thickens.
- Fold or stir in coconut and chips.
- Allow to chill for about 15-30 minutes.
- Drop cookie sized spoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes or until the edges become a light golden brown.
- Let cool before serving.