No bake, simple, and delicious. That is the WAY I roll. I live on homemade energy bites/bars/oat bars, you name it. They are my everything when it comes to snacking. I cannot remember the last time I bought store made bars aside from my emergency stash of Lara Bars for when I am out of everything.
In this world, quick and convenient is key. And getting it healthy as well usually means paying quite a bit extra. However, if you take a few extra minutes here and there, you can actually make snacking pretty cost effective in the long run. Plus, you have the control and see each and everything that goes into what you are making. That always is a bonus.
The combination of almond, coconut and chocolate is one of my personal favorites. I have my own version of Almond Joy Bars that are quite dreamy but sometimes you want that flavor without the dessert part. You know, you want a good hearty snack. That’s where these Almond Joy Oat Bars come in. Fine snacking done right!
If you are avoiding nuts, just use all oats instead. If they seem a bit dry however, add a touch more maple and/or dates. These bars are as easy as tossing everything in the food processor and then pressing into a pan. Now that is my kind of snack making! I hope it’s yours too!
- 1/3 c raw almonds
- 1/4 c raw cashews
- 2/3 c rolled oats gluten free or regular
- 1/4 c cacao powder
- 1/4 c dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 c shredded coconut unsweetened
- 11-13 medjool dates pitted
- 1/2-1 tsp pure almond extract
- 1 T pure maple syrup
- Dash of sea salt
- In a food processor, process oats, cashews and almonds until a grain like consistency.
- Add in chocolate chips and pulse several times to break down.
- Add in all other ingredients and process until all ingredients are combined and a dough like consistency starts to form.
- Press FIRMLY into a parchment lined pan. (I use a 6x8 or an 8x8 pan and only use about 3/4 or the space in the pan.
- Chill for about 10-20 minutes before cutting into bars.