I always hate that chocolate gets such a bad rap as being unhealthy. It’s really not the chocolate that is the issue, it’s typically what we add to the chocolate that takes away the nutritional value. In reality, cocoa actually has more antioxidants than blueberries. It’s a good source of fiber, magnesium and iron. If this doesn’t make you want to add more chocolate into your diet, I don’t know what will!
Then there is coconut oil. The list of benefits and uses of coconut oil seems to get longer by the day. It is a metabolism and energy booster, works to boost immunity, lowers cholesterol, and so much more! Needless to say, this recipe is like the powerhouse of all chocolate! So many benefits with all the sweet, richness of chocolate.
What you decide to add in to this 5 Minute Dark Chocolate Bark also makes the recipe so versatile. You can get as creative as you would like. I added shredded coconut and goji berries to one corner, and then pecans to the rest. After this batch, I was ready to drum up some more ideas as to what to add; almonds, pistachios, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, chopped peanuts, etc., etc., ETC.!
So go ahead and get creative! Enjoy every last bite of this decadent and nutrition packed treat!
5 Minute Dark Chocolate Bark
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 cranks sea salt
- 2-3 T 100% pure maple syrup
- chopped pecans
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- goji berries
- sliced almonds
- and more!
- Whisk together ingredients in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a parchment lined 9x9 pan. Spread to even.
- Spread desired add ins over the chocolate and gently press into the chocolate.
- Place in freezer for about one hour.
- Break into pieces and enjoy!